Today at Zola we wanted to share our extra yummy organic granola recipe. Not only does it taste amazing but it also will keep you full for the whole morning! It's the perfect way to eat a sustainable breakfast and to make sure you know it contains good, healthy and organic ingredients.
This recipe is very easy and will make the equivalent to a regular box of granola. You can also taylor it to your own taste by adding extra toppings such as nuts, seeds, dried or fresh fruits…
Ingredients (all can be bought organic) :
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground flax (optional)
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 6 tbsp honey (for vegan option replace for maple syrup)
- 1 cup Almonds and/or cashew nuts and/or walnuts (optional)
Step by step :
1. Preheat oven at 175C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, ground flax, seeds, nuts and spices.
3. n a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, tahini, and honey until smooth and pourable. (You might need to microwave the mixture for a few seconds to speed up this process)
4. Pour this mixture into the dry and stir until well combined.
5. Spread half of the mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through for even cooking. Repeat with the other half or use two baking sheet.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool. The granola will crisp up and getcrunchy as it cools.
7. Now you can add dried fruit if you like and store in an airtight container for up two weeks.
- To make this recipe vegan you can replace the honey with maple syrup.
- Make sure you don’t exceed 20min in the oven. It might look like it is not crispy but it will get there as it cools. Leaving it for too long will make it taste bitter.
- You could add cocoa powder to the liquid mix to give your granola a chocolate twist.
It's that simple!
Now is your turn to give it a go and don’t forget to share photos and tips with us using our hashtag #zolaamour.